Sunday, January 8, 2012

Revaluate

Since it’s officially the end of week one of 2012, it is a great time to assess the damage. If you set goals, how did it go? If things have already fallen apart, ask yourself why. Were your goals unrealistic? Was it really a goal of yours? I know that sounds strange, but sometimes our goals are not consistent with our core values. If that is the case, then something needs to change…either our goals or our values! It may help to go back to square one and define what do you really value, not what you give lip service to. My last blog talked about writing a life vision. If you completed exercise one and are still unsure about what your vision is, try to complete exercise two. What do you want to true at 40? 50? 60? Once again, I am giving examples of what I put. I could be on a different planet from you but I think you can still get a lot from this exercise. At age 60, • I want a friendship with my family • Still have a pit crew that sharpens me(I hope I don’t run them off) • Meaningful prayer life • Know the Word of God(and apply it) • Give away a large % of my income. Be content to live on a small amount • Still having an exciting ministry, “not slowed down to retire” • Physically fit, so I can have the energy to serve. Do you need to revise your life vision? I think it is important to grow up and figure out that being an impact player in this world requires sacrifice, hard work, and discipline. But the reward is to look back with less regrets.

No comments: