Monday, January 30, 2012

when life is not perfect

Sometimes marriage disappoints...
My sweet baby sister, Judy-Bug, was talking about my blog.  You know how sisters know you better than anyone else?  She suggested that I tell about times when Mark and I struggle.  I totally agree.  When I wrote my last blog, I was not speaking to Mark because I was so mad at him.  Sometimes when I can't stand the sight of Mark, I type all my thoughts.  Once when I did this, I made a list of all the reasons I was mad.  Then I wrote "reasons why I love Mark."  Underneath, I typed in large, red font "Nothing. I do not like anything about you today!"  I felt a lot better.  I showed it to him the next morning so he would know how I felt.  By the time, he had read the 28 things that I did not like about him and then read that I did not like anything about him(in large, red font)...well, I fell out laughing because I thought that maybe he may have a list about me.
Favorite sayings  are "Mark, I have not had a happy day since college!"  Really?  Another famous saying is when I kept asking for a "knife"  and Mark finally yelled "I can't help it if you don't have a "life." I meekly responded that I was not asking for a "new life."  I just wanted a knife to cut my meat.
Sometimes when we are arguing and we decide to pray about it, I feel that there is no hope.  But God always, always restores our joy.  Always!  I realize that there are people reading this blog that feel like if they had a sweet, kind husband then they would do what the Bible says about wives.  It does not work that way.  You cannot say, "God, I will be faithful to your commands WHEN you change my husband."  We must say to God, "I will be faithful, whether or not I know the outcome. 
I can remember in college when Mark asked a gorgeous girl to be his date to Homecoming.  I was not that gorgeous girl.  I was devastated!!!  I cried my eyes out for two days.  Then I drew a line in the sand and said "I will trust you no matter what the outcome of our relationship."  I wanted the trust to be in place first.