Friday, January 6, 2012

Quotes

Being married to a former football coach, I have been “blessed” to hear many quotes over our years of marriage. I guess coaches are just born to quote. Mark says things to me like “don’t count the score at halftime, babe.” He would say that a lot when our boys were teenagers. He used to tell our sons “get a plan and work the plan.” Needless to say, they would not always want to hear that lecture. He really likes to say “Fatigue makes cowards of us all,” one of the most famous quotes, attributed to Vince Lombardi. That quote is stuck in my mind the past couple of days. I have been sick. Fever, chills, sore throat…you name it. As a result, my courage is waning. I can’t go to the gym and exercise. My throat hurts too bad to swallow anything, much less anything healthy. However, I will roll with the punches. Another famous Mark Cooper saying is “Get bitter or get better.” Instead of being bitter about being sick, I can rejoice in the fact that I am almost never sick. I am so thankful for that. Better blogs to come!

No comments: