Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thoughts on Prayer

When God doesn’t make sense, when you feel like God is silent, when you don’t understand why nothing is changing about your situation,
Remember that it makes no difference if I understand God or not. That does not change the fact that He is God . My shabby belief system has no bearing on the fact that God is who He says He is. God’s power is not based on my belief in Him. His arm is never too short, His timing is never off. It simply does not matter whether I accept those facts; they are true anyway.
I can make things easier on myself by accepting them as truth in ANY given situation or I can make things difficult by rejecting those truths…my choice.
God’s power is not contingent on my being able to “figure out” what is God doing in all of these problems. He exists apart from me and my beliefs. How arrogant am I to think that whether I can see His hands move as a result of my prayer is the evidence of His answering my prayer. His answer to my prayer is based on His word that He is a God who “gives to those who ask.” He is a God who works ALL things for good to those who love Him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the insight into prayer and the Lord. I agree with your perspective. Love you!

Unknown said...

I don't know you but Tori shared your blog with me and I made it one that I stop by often - Thank you for your words!

Phillips said...

Love IT!!! Totally Agree with you!!! Love and miss you