Monday, January 19, 2009

The Transforming God

You know I wouldn't leave you hanging on like that. There is a happy ending to the story and it certainly had nothing to do with my husband and I. I can still remember doing a Beth Moore Bible study on Believing God. One verse we studied was Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." It hit me like a ton of bricks. Without faith, I was not pleasing to God. I only had fear about the future. I started retraining my thoughts. When fear came over me, I forced myself to remember who God was, regardless of what I thought he was. I started praying about the unseen and not the seen, the eternal and not the temporary. In other words, I remembered WHO GOD IS and not who I was!
Can't tell if God was waiting on that or not. I just will tell you that if I had not seen it with my own eyes, I would not believe it. God gave my son a new everything! He transformed him. He remade him. He threw out the old and gave him the new. You could brag that you witnessed the parting of the Red Sea and I would not be as impressed as I was when I saw God take a person' s life and remake it totally.
My son knows he has been rescued. He loves the Lord more than anyone I know. That is all he talks about. He has a great job, owns his own home and was married to a precious girl in our living room a year ago. If you ask me to explain it, I would simply not be able to. However, God doesn't need explaining...he just needs to be trusted and for me to realize that He is always good. He does not care whether I am happy and have a perfect life. He cares that I am holy and reflect his glory. Thank you God for remaking me.

No comments: