Thursday, January 9, 2020

Brain Surgery

“We have small troubles for a while now, but these troubles are helping us gain an eternal glory. That eternal glory is much greater than our troubles. So we think about what we cannot see, not what we see. What we see lasts only a short time, and what we cannot see will last forever.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:17-18‬ ‭ERV‬‬

I love, love this verse. I love living with eternity in mind and not living for the 80 or so short years that we are going to live. The Lord is revealing  a small trouble in Mark and mine’s lives. 

I have been wondering why my brain has been “freezing” up for 30 seconds spans.This has been been going on for at least 5 years. I went to a neurologist about three years ago and he convinced me that I was too busy and stressed. When I retired, these problems would disappear. 

When I retired about a year and half ago, I noticed that the problems were increasing. Interesting. My sweet sisters noticed at thanksgiving that my mouth was drooping on one side. They said that they would nag me until I saw a neurologist again. I went to my regular doctor and he noticed I was talking with a lisp. He scheduled an MRI. 

Wow! This saved my life. I have a slow growing, large tumor that is pressing into my brain. Even though this is scary, it finally makes sense. Even more important, there is a medium sized aneurysm growing in my brain. It would have gone unnoticed and could be deadly, if not fixed. 

Mark and I want this to bring fame to our sweet Heavenly Father. He is so kind. I am not fearing the outcome but it looks promising. If one person that reads this will hear the Lord speaking to their heart, what a blessing that would be. He created you for a purpose, bigger than what you thought. This small life here is the temporary part. There is eternal part that you need to decide about.

 January 13th is first surgery to remove the tumor. The second surgery will be a few weeks after to fix the aneurysm. Thank you for those prayers. I’m ready for this 😄😄😄.

No comments: