Sunday, February 19, 2017

Is There Only One Way to Heaven? Really?

“The serpent told the Woman, “You won’t die. God knows that the moment you eat from that tree, you’ll see what’s really going on. You’ll be just like God, knowing everything, ranging all the way from good to evil.”
When the Woman saw that the tree looked like good eating and realized what she would get out of it—she’d know everything!—she took and ate the fruit and then gave some to her husband, and he ate.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:4-6
Eve, chose to take fruit from a tree that gave her the ability to decide what was right or wrong. Instead of allowing God that ultimate, wise place of authority, she chose to redefine truth on her own terms. Since that time, we have all been faced with the same choice. Will we fall victim to the enemy’s lies that we can do life better on our own? Or will we choose to believe that God has a better way? ~Robin Meadows
I have a sweet friend that I work with that God has put directly in my path to talk to about the Lord. He is absolutely certain that "my way" is just one way to have a relationship with the Lord. Ever since our first conversation about having a relationship with Jesus, he has been asking me hard questions about why I believe the way I believe. He is positive that he can do life better on his own. I am positive that I can't do life on my own.
“And I command you today: Love GOD, your God. Walk in his ways. Keep his commandments, regulations, and rules so that you will live, really live, live exuberantly, blessed by GOD, your God, in the land you are about to enter and possess.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭30:16‬ ‭MSG‬‬
“It is worth nothing for you to have the whole world if you yourself are lost.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭8:36‬ ‭ERV‬‬
“Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. The only way to the Father is through me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭ERV‬‬
“So be very careful how you live. Live wisely, not like fools.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:15‬ ‭ERV‬‬
“Keep your eyes on the path, and look straight ahead. Make sure you are going the right way, and nothing will make you fall.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭4:25-26‬ ‭ERV‬‬
If you read this blog, I pray that you know the Lord and will allow Him to help you maneuver through life and not try to live it on your own.

No comments: