Friday, February 3, 2017

If You Talk a Lot...

“The tongue can speak words that bring life or death. Those who love to talk must be ready to accept what it brings.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:21‬ ‭ERV‬‬
Auuugghhh! I do love to talk. So I must be ready to accept what my words bring. Am I speaking words of encouragement, kindness, wisdom, and truth? At the end of the day, it will be worth 5-10 minutes to reflect the words that I said to others...especially to Mark.
A good way to tell if my words are bringing life or death is to see a measure of growth or discouragement with ones I am using the most words. For example, how does Mark treat me? If I don't like what I see, then I need to change my choice of words to Mark. Do you know why? I can't change Mark, only the Lord can do that. But I can change my words to be kind, patient and loving.
If you are not currently married, chose a person that you use a lot of words with...your parents, your children, your co-workers. Is there a person that needs your words to be soft and loving but full of truth? You will reap what you sow.
“If you think you can fool God, you are only fooling yourselves. You will harvest what you plant.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:7‬ ‭ERV‬‬
There are no shortcuts in growing plants. There are not shortcuts in growing great relationships with others.

No comments: