Saturday, May 21, 2016

Need to Delegate?

“But Moses’ father-in-law said to him, “This isn’t the right way to do this. It is too much work for you to do alone. You cannot do this job by yourself. It wears you out. And it makes the people tired too.”
Exodus 18:17-18 ERV
Do you have the attitude that you are in charge and you have to do everything? I certainly do:). When I have the "martyr syndrome" I wear myself out and the people around me, as well. My sisters will tell you that we got this honest from our mom and we did not like the "I've got to do everything and don't try to help me."
Have a a discerning heart today and ask yourself honestly what can be delegated or dropped all together. While you are at this, examine your motives. Are you continuing to do everything from pride so that you will get the glory? Ouch!
We can't be the whole body of Christ. We can only be the small part that God created us to do. We will be happier and the people around us will be too.

No comments: