Saturday, May 21, 2016

Is food controlling you?

““I am allowed to do anything,” you say. My answer to this is that not all things are good. Even if it is true that “I am allowed to do anything,” I will not let anything control me like a slave.”
1 Corinthians 6:12 ERV
Ouch! Is food controlling your body like a slave? I suspect it is if you are like most Americans. This was predicted in the Bible as a sign of the end times.
“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—”
2 Timothy 3:1-4 NIV
I don't want to be a lover of myself and allow food to make me happy.
if if you haven't already set a few goals, take time this weekend and tie your health goals together with your spritual goals.

No comments: