Friday, May 13, 2016

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

“The men of Israel looked them over and accepted the evidence. But they didn’t ask GOD about it.”
Joshua 9:14 MSG
If you don't remember the story, I will remind you. Joshua's fame spread through the countries that God had promised the Israelites. There was a justified fear. "Because it was told to your servants for a certainty that the Lord your God had commanded his servant Moses to give you all the land and to destroy all the inhabitants of the land from before you—so we feared greatly for our lives because of you and did this thing.”
Joshua 9:24 ESV
The Gibeonites deceived them into thinking that they were a far away country. The children of Israel bought the story and made peace with them. They were bound to carry this group around forever. They took on dead weight that they did not need.
I have done that many times. I have made decisions without seeking the Lord guidance. I bought the story that the salesman told me about how much I needed the item he was selling. For years I would have to carry that purchase and clean it and repair it and maintain it. It could have been avoided if I had sought the Lord's guidance before I bought the lie.
God cares about every decision that I make, whether it is big or small. He never fusses at me for asking for wisdom.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
James 1:5 NIV

No comments: