Saturday, May 21, 2016

Need Christ's power and not willpower

“I begged the Lord three times to take this problem away from me."
2 Corinthians 12:8a
I had to smile when I read this verse and thought, "Yep, I have asked you more than three times to help me with my weight problem(or my "you fill in the blank" problem). What area of your life do you continue to come to the Lord and ask for help and he seems to be silent and not help you?
Well, the best part of the verse is so comforting.
But the Lord said, “My grace is all you need. Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by my power.” So I will gladly boast about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can stay in me.”
2 Corinthians 12:8-9 ERV
I will gladly boast about my weaknesses. I lack the discipline I need most days! But that's the good news. Only when I admit that to myself and to the Lord, can I be the receipt of his profound, unmatched grace! He says that "when I am humble, he gives grace."
Today i I will remember that I need Christ's power and not my "willpower."

No comments: