Saturday, May 21, 2016

Disobedient?

“Moses said to Pharaoh, “I will pray for you, your people, and your officials. Then the frogs will leave you and your houses. They will remain only in the river. When do you want the frogs to go away?” Pharaoh said, “Tomorrow.” Moses said, “It will happen as you say. In this way you will know that there is no god like the Lord our God.”
Exodus 8:9-10 ERV
As you can tell, I am deep into Exodus with my Bible reading. I get so mad when I see the stubbornness of Pharaoh! God knew his heart and he sent plague after plague to cause him to agree to let the people of Israel go. Moses and Aaron continued to warn him of the terrible thing that was about to happen...water turned into blood, frogs appeared everywhere, darkness descended on the land, hailstorm destroyed their crops, etc.
Listen to the stubbornness of Pharaoh when Moses asked him when he wanted the frogs to leave. "Tomorrow," Really!!! That is a rebellious heart. I would have begged that God would end the plague right then and there. However, the Pharaoh wanted the last word on his relief. That is a hard heart!
i know that the reason God made this verse jump off the page to me today. He is pointing out to me that many times, he has warned me of the consequences of my sin. He has clearly told me what would happen if I continue in that path. My response would be, "I will change tomorrow."
Is is there an area of your life where God has clearly warned you of the things that will happen if you continue in the path you are on? For example, not reading the word, not having a quiet time, eating too much junk, sleeping late on Sunday morning, not cherishing and forgiving your spouse, ...the list goes on and on. Is your response, "Tomorrow. Not today because I enjoy my disobedience too much? "

No comments: