Thursday, May 16, 2019

Be Anxious For Nothing

“Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:5-7 NIV‬‬

These are the sweetest verses in the Bible! In verse 5, the word says for me to be gentle and for everyone to notice. My gentleness should not be hidden under a bunch of pride, worry, fear, disappointment, dissatisfaction...you name it. Let it be evident in my life. Oh help me, Lord, to be gentle!

In verse 6, the Bible tells me to NOT be anxious. The way to get rid of anxiety and worry is to pray about everything, no matter how small and how large. The key is to have a heart of gratitude. I can NOT hold on to a heart of worry when I am exploding with thankfulness and gratitude. When I replace every thought of worry with gratitude, stuff starts changing. Don’t give in the the enemy’s lies because they are just lies!!!

Then in verse 7, peace floods my heart and my mind. Peace that will defy my logic! I will ask myself, “How can I be peaceful about this situation?” I will have the miracle of peace when it won’t make sense to be at peace. My mind will follow suit. My mind will have discernment and wisdom to handle what is worrying me.

When all the world is twirling around with situations that are scary...we can claim the most wonderful promises! Lord, you are so good!

No comments: