Monday, October 7, 2019

Please God Through Faith and Not Fear

“Without faith no one can please God. Whoever comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who sincerely try to find him.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭ERV‬‬
This is one of the most powerful verses that can change your thinking about life. There have been periods of darkness in my life when fear and worry dominated my thoughts, especially about 3 AM. I know that the reason my thoughts were more troublesome at that time, Satan knows that I am halfway awake and this is a great time for him to lie to me.
Also, there are trigger points that can remind me of a bad time in the past. Satan will catch me off guard and lie to me and tell me that God is not powerful enough to help me. One of the most awesome things God has helped me to do is to pray about the eternal and not the temporary. Notice that I said, “God helped me to do this.” In my own strength, I cannot change.
“So we think about what we cannot see, not what we see. What we see lasts only a short time, and what we cannot see will last forever.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:18‬ ‭ERV‬‬
If we think about only what we can see and understand and control, we think that we can handle life on our own. That’s where the fear comes in. We seem unable to solve all of our problems and all of our families’ problems. We spiral into depression and fear about the future.
Back to the original verse, “Without faith no one can please God.” When I realized the weight of this verse, I knew that I can never come close to pleasing God with fear. Only faith can please God! “Whoever comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who sincerely try to find him.”
I try to grab my thanksgiving journal when the fears about the future pop in at 3:00 AM. He is deeply in love with each of us and wants to reward us. He wants to save us. The thanksgiving journal reminds me of all the times he has saved me.
“But Moses answered, “Don’t be afraid! Don’t run away! Stand where you are and watch the Lord save you today. You will never see these Egyptians again.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭14:13‬ ‭ERV‬‬

No comments: