Friday, October 13, 2017

After Pain Comes a New Birth

“In the same way, I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born.” The Lord says this: “I promise that if I cause you the pain of birth, I will not stop you from having your new nation.” Your God said this.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭66:9‬ ‭ERV‬‬
One of the reasons I desperately need to read the Bible everyday is to receive a much needed word from the Lord. Our family is going through a sad, hard time. Death is a part of life and I know that, but it doesn't make it any easier. But what an incredible promise God spoke through Isaiah.
Just as labor brings pain and then a new birth follows, something new will come to life after a period of suffering. The Lord says that if He allows you the pain, He promises that new growth follows.
I think back over the saddest and hardest times that I have faced, God brought a stronger faith, a closer relationship with Him. Granted, I could have chosen to become bitter and walk away from Him. I had to allow Him to let the suffering transform me, make me more Christ like.
I think that all of us want growth, without the pain. I certainly do. I want a perfect life with no financial problems, physical problems or stress in relationships. However, that is not realistic. We get mad at God and ask him questions like, "Why did you allow this in my life?"
But I am trusting in a God who ways are higher and deeper. Even though his ways are beyond my understanding, there are promises that I can cling to. For today, this is one of those promises. He will bring joy and new birth in my life and my family's life. I choose to believe this.

No comments: