Friday, April 7, 2017

How to get rest for our weary souls

“God has chosen you and made you his holy people. He loves you. So your new life should be like this: Show mercy to others. Be kind, humble, gentle, and patient.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭ERV‬‬
My dream come true would be for someone to say that I am kind, humble, gentle and patient. I think that many times my qualities are confrontative, know-it-all, impatient(because I'm always in a hurry) and just plain opposite of those qualities. And you know what...I better not say that "this is just the way I am" and wear it like a badge. This is not an option in my life and in your life. It is spoken as a command and not a suggestion.
More than a command, it is wisdom. Listen to what Jesus said about these qualities.
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:29‬ ‭ESV‬‬
Learn from Him. Jesus is gentle and humble and "You will find rest for your soul." Did you hear that? When we read the verse, we really want the first part about rest for our weary souls. We want to get rid of our yoke. But the second part holds the secret to accomplishing this. Learn from Christ. Allow God to make you more Christ-like. When we are gentle and lowly in our hearts, then and only then will we find rest for our souls.

No comments: