Monday, January 28, 2019

Entitlement or Gratitude

“Every temptation speaks the language of entitlement.
The soul’s enemy has always hissed entitlement: “You deserve it.” And it’s turned out: Deciding you’re deserving, can lead to your destroying.” ~Ann Voskamp
I was reading this devotional this week and these thoughts stopped me in my tracks. I have two choices...my entitlement or my gratitude. When I think that God is not “making me happy,” it means that I do not have a heart of gratitude for all that he has done. I decide I want to make my own decisions and go down the wide, attractive road. The wide road always, always seems to be the best choice. But when I get further down that way, the consequences are not what I wanted.
The narrow road is harder but if I just have a thankful heart for all God has done for me and that I can trust him, the road has a surprising end. The rewards for choosing this narrow road are always good, maybe not immediately, but in time they will be very good.

No comments: