Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ordering Your World

I have not written in awhile. I know why. If you read my last post on "Making a Big Splash," I talked about having a denial list. I know that I work best when I am not allowing everything into my life.
This is what I am struggling with the past two weeks.  I allow so many things in my life, many of them actually good things.  I stay busy 24 hours a day...okay maybe I exaggerate a little. However, I have been dry in my writing because I have put no boundaries in my personal life lately. Also, I have put no boundaries in my eating.  I have a grip on that for now.
It brings me full circle to the topic that I started with in January. What is my life's vision? What are my goals?  What do I value? My top three are God, family and then ??? I need to decide what will come third, I guess.  It could be friends, job, ministry at church, health, etc. It goes without saying that I will have to put a top priority on my relationship with God, above all else, non-negotiable.  I want to place my relationship with Mark and my boys next.  They are my heart. Third place gets really tricky. Everything gets crammed into third, vying for my attention.
I love my ministry with young adults. They are like my kids, in a very real way. Mark and I talk about them and pray over them all the time.  They make me so proud. I love, love my job.  I have the most amazing job in the world.  I look forward to going to work everyday. I am keenly interested in my health. Five weeks ago, I started on a work out program with the YMCA and I am so proud.  I can do push ups now.  I do not want to ever miss.
My friends are amazing.  They are my pit crew.  They are there for me even when I drift away. They protect me. They pray for me and my family. I put them last place so often. I take them for granted many times.  But they stay with me.  Most of all, my parents and sisters are the most precious people on the planet. My nieces and nephew are part of my posterity. I want to impact their life. There are so many unwritten letters and unmailed birthday cards. I try to see them as often as possible. They definitely get the leftovers in my life and they deserve more.
So humor me and join me as we explore what is our life's vision and how can we order our world.
I will write more about this sometime this week.



The pictures above are from the young adult retreat.

The picture is of me and my precious students.
These are my sweet daughter-in-laws!

This is some of my family in Gulfshores, Alabama.